Friday, April 8, 2016

Nap Time Cleaning - Entire House in One Hour

Ahhh nap time. Breathe that sigh of peace and quiet. Now, let's get to business.
I am the type of person to get ultra focused on a single task. So focused that it will consume hours of time. Here I go to put away the towels and oh look, I'm reorganizing the entire linen closet...after I repainted it. Haha. Moms don't have time for that! 

During my brief time cleaning houses, I learned a few tips and tricks that help me clean with much more efficiency. Start the washer first so, a load will be done when you are. Sweep hard floors onto carpet and suck up with the vacuum. Cut up old tee shirts for the best dust rags. Find what really works for you, your family and your schedule. I like to Swiffer the bathroom floors as soon as possible so they're dry when the girls wake up. There are a few simple things I try to accomplish everyday during nap time to keep our house feeling clean.


On a good day, nap time will be three hours and have me feeling super productive...or binge watching Psych on Netflix. Hey, you can't win 'em all. On an average day, an hour or two. I put the girls down to sleep, sip my coffee and begin my run through. I'm so blessed to have both girls sleep through the vacuum, the dog barking, a possible T-Rex in my living room, you get the idea. They love sleep as much as mommy and daddy. If you think the vacuum will interrupt their peaceful slumber, save it for later. Here is a basic breakdown of what I get done in an hour. You can too!








Washer(3 mins)- Grab a load and get it started.


Make Bed(5 mins)- A simple task you can easily take care of when you wake up. It just doesn't work out for me. My husband is usually still sleeping when I begin my day with the girls.


Tidy Bedroom(2 mins)- Just a quick pickup of nightstand water bottles, last nights clothes or any other random things.


Bathroom(5 mins)- Wipe down counter tops and toilet. Pour some toilet cleaner around the bowl. I skip the shower/tub for when I have time for a more deep clean.


Windex(10 mins)- I start in the bedroom and do my patio doors and mirrors. Move onto bathroom mirrors. Next our front windows and finish with the living room sliding doors.


Tidy Toys(5 mins)- First I sort (dinosaurs, play food, books, etc) then I put everything away. So much easier now that we have worked out a system at the new house.


Swiffer(5 mins)- With the house tidy, I dry & wet Swiffer the bathrooms and entryway.


Kitchen(10 mins)- I unload the dishwasher. Reload. Usually it's not full, so I don't run it till after dinner. Then tidy up and wipe down the counter tops. I Swiffer the floor.


Vacuum(10 mins)- Luckily the girls sleep through this. If not, you could easily wait since this is last on the list.


Dryer(2 mins)- Swap clothes from washer to dryer. Breathe a sigh of relief at your tidy home.


This brings us in at 57 minutes. Phew!! Pat yourself on the back. You kicked mom butt today! Use those extra three for cleaning up the nail polish your toddler spilled on the floor or the oatmeal turned glue under the dining chair...no? Only my kids? Haha! 


I'm curious what your daily "must cleans" are?


No comments:

Post a Comment