Monday, April 11, 2016

DIY Coffee Scrub


Just another manic Monday at the Aviles house. Maybe it was the busy weekend or my growing toddler. Short naps and constant eating anyone??? Here's a little dose of energy for the rest of the week.



My love of coffee is SERIOUS. The coffee cups we own are basically the size of a bowl. I refuse to buy anything that brew less than 12 cups at a time. I like to keep coffee extras stocked for company the way most people would stock a bar. I painted our old cabinet with this adorable phrase that said "All I need is coffee and Jesus" okay...the more I am typing the more I see how serious this love is.

Last year we started a compost bin, but this is, by far, my favorite way to reuse my grinds. The recipe is simple and can be easily doubled.




Ingredients:
1/2 cup of ground coffee
1/2 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil
Splash of vanilla extract *optional*

Step One:

Mix coffee and sugar in a bowl.

Step Two:

Add coconut oil to the bowl and stir. This will moisturize
and adds a subtle delicious smell.

Step Three:

If you want, mix in the vanilla extract. This will have it smelling like a delicious French Vanilla iced coffee.

Step Four:

Store in an airtight container, such as a jar. I recommend using it within a month, but it will last up to six months.




No comments:

Post a Comment